RedBeat is a Celery Beat Scheduler that stores the scheduled tasks and runtime metadata in Redis.
It took three years to get to 1.0 and now in less than six months we have 2.0. The major version jump is due to breaking changes, that people should test for compatibliity before upgrading. The major new features come from the commumity and include timezone support and improved configuration handling
- BREAKING CHANGES, test with your stack before deploying
- Drop support for celery<4.2
- Drop support for pyredis<3
- Support timezones other than UTC thanks @luoxiaohei, @sempr and @noamkush
- Many config handling consistentcy updates
- Use black linter and drop circle CI in favor of GitHub Actions